Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'll take 2 Birds Please!!

After getting married in July, Dave and I moved into our home in August of 2012. Of course the fun starts! DECORATING!!!! Now that a couple months have passed since August the living room is almost done, But I felt like i needed something to give it a little character, especially since spring is coming.

While shopping a few months back I saw these cute little garden birds that I was thinking of buying.  I Quickly put that thought out of my mind because ... well lets face it who wants a ceramic bird in their house??!! Well, come to think of it, I WANTED THE CERAMIC BIRD IN MY HOUSE! After realizing they'd be a great addition with the spring/summer season coming I quickly ran back to Michael's to see if the birds were still there.  And they were!!! SCORE! I bought them right away for a total of about 8 bucks! Cheap, Simple, and Easy just what I like!  


And HERE THEY ARE! Love these 2 new additions to the home decor! 



Here are a couple other Ceramic animals you can use to bring some character into your home! 

Ceramic Grayhound
Ceramic Horse head (upper left hand corner)

Ceramic yellow Pig
Ceramic Rhino
The key to having these cute animals in your home is to make sure they are solid in color and simple in design and structure. This will help keep a modern feel to your home and keep it from looking gawdy.

Hope you enjoyed this little idea of inspiration. Let me know if you find any cute animal ceramics for your home!




6 comments:

  1. I just brought the cutest ceramic fish at Leon & Lulu! It’s called a GurglePot designed by Matt Ellison. You fill it with water and pour (out of its open mouth), it makes funny gurgling sounds. Comes in cool retro colors --- I went with the soft green. Like you, I love the simplicity of the fish shape and also the whimsical feature. Check it out at http://www.gurglepot.com/about.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really cute! I love that it has that gurgle effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me get the design and decorate itch. I promised myself no decorating right now. I'm getting married in August and my "honeymoon" will be moving to a townhome in Detroit. I will be taking notes because I can't wait to decorate the new place with some Detroit flair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get in to your new place your gonna have a blast. I loved and still love decorating my house. Just the other day, I was looking around in my living room seeing if there was anything I could add or move :-)

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! I have been looking for some sort of ceramic animal for my house, but there is so much out there I can't pick just one. I would like to find an elephant, any ideas on where I could find one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. you should definitely try Marshall Home Goods! I love that place and they have tons of cute items there. And their stock changes pretty often so if you don't see an elephant the first time i'd check it again. Also, Pier One Imports would be another one to look at. Hope that helps.

      Delete