Monday, April 16, 2012

A Spot of Roses!

So Yay me for my first official blog post! My life is quite simple but every so often my urge to create takes over and results in a Creatively Simple Life :-) I'm excited to share my ideas and sparks of creativity I find throughout my journey.


So, the first creative nugget i'll drop is my easy and cute idea for a bridal shower centerpiece! 
My Baby sis is getting married! 


< Me and Baby Sis ... well not so much "baby" sis anymore! :*-(
As Matron of Honor, my first task was to plan a beautifully fantastic Bridal Shower! Mind you I have never planned a Bridal Shower before, especially on a pretty "Petite Budget." 


Baby Sis's requests: 

  • Asian Themed Decor .... really?
  • AND ... Ramen Noodle Salad ... huh? ... Well ... i love my Asian Roots but let me say this again Huh? .... if y'all know me ... which you probably don't right now since this is my very FIRST POST, my style is very different from Baby sis. So, in an attempt to introduce her love for Asian themes and my simple but elegant ideas i choose to go the route of tea party!  
So first things first, Centerpieces! One of the bridesmaids mom's collects tea pots and cups so i saved quite a bit of money by just re-purposing the tea cups and pots as vases :-) With a little bit of white hydrangea (spray painted light pink at no extra cost), roses, and variegated pit, Voila! Cuteness Galore! 

I had extra flowers so i put them in these cute little tea cups :-) i'm in Love with this cup and saucer ensemble!!!

With Spring and Summer just around the corner try using this idea to spruce up your home for the new season. Use tea pots/ cups around your home (or buy one at the thrift store for a vintage look at a low cost), fill it with flowers from the garden :-) Simply Lovely!  

More cute ideas and inspirations to come! 

4 comments:

  1. Carol, this is such a cute idea! The cup and saucer looks great with the flowers in it. Very cute! My mom has a ton of antique cups and saucers...I should tell her to use them for a decoration around the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It's super simple and really easy. I've never worked with fresh flowers before so doing the centerpieces with this idea was so fun! Your mom will love it!

      Delete
  2. This is so interesting! I've never been to a wedding that had these kind of centerpieces. It's a great idea, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it really help keep cost down too! I definitely couldn't afford to buy all the vases for the Bridal shower so i used what we had and it turned out great!

      Delete